Cervical Spondylosis is the medical term for neck pain caused by age-related ‘wear and tear’ of bones and tissues. The most common symptoms of cervical spondylosis are neck pain, stiffness and headaches. In severe cases, it can trap nerves in the neck, leading to pain radiating from the arms and loss of feeling in hands and legs.
Greeva Vasti is a pain relieving oil-pooling ayurvedic treatment for neck pain conditions. Among all the remedies available for neck pain (acute and or chronic), Greeva Vasti is the most popular one. Greeva – means neck and Vasti – means to hold (compartment which holds).
Greeva Vasti treatment is done using medicated oils that are poured and pooled for a fixed duration of time in a compartment or a cabin constructed over the neck or nape of the neck (back side of the neck) using wet flour of black gram, covering the cervical region. The Duration of procedure is 30-45 minutes per session and it generally takes 7 to 14 days to get relief depending on the nature and intensity of the disease.
Benefits of Greeva Vasti
- Relieves pain in the neck, shoulders and upper limbs.
- Relieves stiffness in the neck, shoulders and upper limb.
- Relieves swelling and inflammation in the neck, shoulders, in the bones and soft tissues of the neck.
- Brings lightness in the upper portion of the body.
- Improves movements of the neck and upper limbs.
- Strengthens the neck, shoulders and arms.
- Enhances blood supply to the neck and upper limbs by soothing the nerves.
- Alleviates associated conditions like headache, dizziness etc.