Frozen Shoulder is the stiffness, pain, and limited range of movement in the shoulder. It may happen after an injury or overuse or from a disease such as diabetes or stroke. The tissues around the joint stiffen and shoulder movements become difficult and painful.
Greeva Vasti is a pain relieving oil-pooling ayurvedic treatment for shoulder pain caused due to stiffness. Among all the remedies available for shoulder pain, Greeva Vasti is the most popular one.
Greeva Vasti treatment is done using medicated oils that are poured and pooled for a fixed duration of time in a compartment or a cabin constructed over the shoulder using wet flour of black gram. The Duration of procedure is 30-45 minutes per session and it generally takes 7 to 14 days to get relief depending on the nature and intensity of the disease.
Benefits of Greeva Vasti
- Relieves pain in the neck, shoulders and upper limbs.
- Relieves stiffness in the neck, shoulders and upper limb.
- Relieves swelling and inflammation in the neck, shoulders, in the bones and soft tissues of the neck.
- Brings lightness in the upper portion of the body.
- Improves movements of the neck and upper limbs.
- Strengthens the neck, shoulders and arms.
- Enhances blood supply to the neck and upper limbs by soothing the nerves.
- Alleviates associated conditions like headache, dizziness etc.